Friday 2 March 2012

Gig two of the year!

  • I wroted this some time back but I was passed out behind the sofa so didn't have chance to post it. This is about a gig that was on 3rd Febuary at the shakleton arms in Loooooondon. (Lots of reasonably priced booze, hence the time unconscious)

    My second gig of the year was Withered Hand's Ep launch for the Fence Records new series of Eps, Chart Ruse. The first being Heart Heart from Withered Hand. the venue was The Shakelwell Arms in London a pleasant small venue with a reasonably cheap bar which made me happy!
    Support tonight was from Seamus Foggerty and Darren Haymen. I started the night sat on the bar licking up beer spills (well you can't waste it!) but when it became time to go in I rolled a bottle of cider through the door to find my preferred spot at the front so I could see! People began to sit on the floor behind me just before Seamus started his set, he was joined by Geese providing an extra depth. His set was great the songs being both gentle and powerful. The acapela song about his favourite t-shirt was my favourite song. Even if I don't wear tshirts I like being a wild free naked hamster, well I've my fur anyway!
    After the first set I went an got a pint of beer and forced a human to carry it for me at teeth point. (I've very sharp teeth me!) the next on was Darren Haymen who used Withered Hand's guitar. My little ears hadn't heard him before but I always like a bit of new music on a Friday evening! His songs were folky but with a modern subject matter I very much enjoyed his set from inside the pint of beer I was treading water in. Then after a quick beer bath top up withered hand came on! I splashed in excitement! He was for some songs joined on stage by others including Rozi Plain who was singing the additional vocals. The room was singing along to most of the songs in parts which made him happy I think! It was at 'Religious Songs' where the entire room was singing along at the top of their voices, loudest at the rude bits though!! It was the best withered hand gig my ears had the pleasure of hearing! I was squeaking my face off to 'Hard on' and swaying to the new songs from the EP I was hoping the post brought my humans copy soon so I could hear it, thankfully it came a couple of days later leaving a happy rodent here. Over all a great night out, I finished it by drinking the left over booze in all the glasses at the bar kept me busy for a while and I nearly was put in the dishwasher! Again.

    Well that's me I've some gin that's calling me.
    Zaphod xx

No comments:

Post a Comment